This spread is slightly reminiscent of the confits I used to eat as an omnivore. It has some fat content and a great consistency. This spread is perfect as a snack or as an hors-d’oeuvre at a dinner party. You can even bring it for a potluck!
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary, packed
- Olive oil, to taste
- 1/3 cup Fruit Bliss® Tomato Halves, minced
- Juice from ½ lemon, or to taste
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large mortar and pestle, purée the garlic with a little bit of salt.
- Add the beans and the rosemary and continue puréeing until you get the desired consistency. We like some beans to be whole, so we purée for about 30 seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Give the mixture a nice stir and serve with toasted crusty bread and/or greens. Bon appétit!