Chocolate Fig Hazelnut Mini Muffins
Thank you to Flora & Vino for creating this easy chocolate mini-muffins sweetened with dried figs and smashed banana. Grain-free, gluten-free, oil-free, and perfect for easy bite-sized snacks.
- 1 flax egg (1 TBSP flaxseed + 3 TBSP filtered water)
- 1 1/2 cups hazelnut meal (or sub almond or oat flour)*
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder (optional)
- 1 package Fruit Bliss Organic Turkish figs(~1/2 cup), de-stemmed
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 smashed banana (or sub applesauce for varied results)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a mini muffin pan with mini muffin liners.
- Prepare your flax egg by whisking the flaxseed and filtered water and set aside to allow to gel for 5-10 minutes.
- Next, combine the figs, almond milk and banana in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add blended mixture to the flax egg bowl and mix to combine.
- Sift in hazelnut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and cacao powder and mix to combine.
- Scoop batter into the muffin tins in ~1.5 TBS spoonfuls and top with diced dried fig, if desired. Bake for 15-20 mins until the center comes clean when poked with a toothpick.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for 3-5 days and freeze for long terms storage.
*To make your own hazelnuts meal, blend hazelnuts in a high speed blender until you have a fine powder for use in this recipe.
Visit Flora & Vino’s website for the original recipe and more gluten-free vegan friendly recipes and don’t forget to follow her on Instagram at @flora_and_vino to see how she enjoys using Fruit Bliss!