A moment of bliss can be as simple as a cup of tea and delicious sweet treat. We love this recipe for the perfect tea-time cookie by Krysten of Krysten’s Kitchen featuring our organic Tart Cherries. Visit Krysten’s website and Instagram for more delicious recipe inspiration.
Fruit Bliss' Tart Cherry, Lemon & Rosemary Cookies
- 1 cup Bob’s Paleo Flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 TB coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup cashew butter (I use THIS one)
- 1 flax egg*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup Fruit Bliss Tart Cherries
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 TB fresh lemon juice
- LEMON ICING
- 6 tsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 6 TB Coconut Butter, melted
- 1 tsp maple syrup (room temperature)
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1-2 TB fresh rosemary, chopped
- *Flax egg - mix 3 TB of warm water with 1 TB of flax seed meal. Let it sit about 3 minutes until it forms a gel = 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Make a flax egg and set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients: paleo flour, coconut sugar, baking soda and sea salt. Add rosemary and Fruit Bliss Tart Cherries and mix.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients: melted coconut oil, cashew butter, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Mix in the flax egg.
- Add lemon zest and mix.
- Combine the dry to the wet ingredients and mix well. Dough may seem dry, but if you use your hands, the dough will form together nicely.
- Using a cookie scoop (or about 1.5 TB), scoop out cookie dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Press them down gently so they are flat.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, prepare the icing.
- Mix the melted coconut oil and coconut butter together. Add in the lemon juice one tsp at a time. It’s important to do this slowly, while continuing to whisk or mix the coconut oil and butter at the same time so that the mixture doesn’t harden. Add in the maple syrup slowly while mixing.
- Using a tablespoon, pour the icing over each cookie (make sure cookies are cooled).
- Garnish each cookie with a little lemon zest and chopped rosemary.
- For icing to turn white and harden (my preference), place cookies in the fridge for about 20 minutes.