We partnered with Flora & Vino to create a festive 4th of July protein pancake pizza that is topped with Fruit Bliss Tart Cherries and perfect for any day of berry season.
“Fruit Bliss organic dried fruit has been giving me life lately! I love using their water-packed cherries in this recipe for a burst of bright cherry flavor. All of their products are only two ingredients– fruit and water, keeping them super juicy and hydrated. They have an amazing fresh flavor without any added sugars or oils, which is hard to come by in the dried fruit world. Because these cherries have no added sugar, they’re wonderfully tart and tangy, and pair perfectly with sweet chocolate and berries!”
Recipe for Chocolate Protein Pancake Pizza:
Easy chocolate protein pancake pizza topped with greek yogurt, tart cherries, and fresh berries. The most fun gluten free, refined sugar-free, protein-packed way to start your day.
- Avocado oil spray
- 1 TBS flaxseed + 3 TBS water
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 TBS unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop (~1/4 cup) vanilla protein powder
- 1 TBS raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh berries, sliced
- 1-2 TBS Fruit Bliss Tart Cherries
- A sprinkle of white chia seeds
- Warm a skillet over medium heat with a little bit of avocado oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 TBS flaxseed + 3 TBS water and let sit for a few minutes to create your "flax egg."
- Next, add pumpkin puree, almond milk, protein powder, and cacao powder and blend with a fork until well combined.
- Spoon mixture onto the skillet and spread with a spatula, so it forms a large thin circle.
- Heat for 5 minutes, or until golden brown underneath, then flip and heat for 3-5 on the other side.
- While the pancake pizza is cooking, rinse and slice your berries for serving.
- To assemble, transfer the pancake pizza to a large plate or cutting board and top with greek yogurt, sliced berries, tart cherries, and a sprinkle of chia seeds.
- Slice into pieces and serve immediately.
Make sure to visit Flora & Vino’s website for all her delicious recipes and full post.