Date-Sweetened Beet N’atte
Our friend Flora & Vino created a beautiful Date- Sweetened Beet N’atte perfect for a cozy sweet night at home. The pretty pink color comes from nutrient-rich beetroot powder and is made with almond or coconut milk sweetened with our deglet-nour dates.
This caffeine-free beverage allows one to enjoy the ritual of a warm beverage without the jitters of espresso, although the recipe can be adapted from a N’atte to a L’atte.
Surprise your loved one with a yummy Beet N’atte or just treat yourself by following the recipe below.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk (I like coconut best!)
- 1 TBSP beetroot powder
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground ginger
- ¼ cup Fruit Bliss Organic Deglet Nour Dates
- In a small saucepan, heat the almond or coconut milk until warm and simmering.
- Sift in the beetroot powder, cinnamon, and ginger and whisk until well-combined and vibrant pink.
- Transfer the liquid to a high-speed blender with the Deglet Nour Dates and process until all of the dates are broken down.
- Divide mixture between 2 mugs and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Serve immediately!