Nutmeg and cinnamon are the flavors of Autumn and we love how Helen of All The Verdure highlights these cozy spices in her spiced pumpkin nut milk recipe. She loves our organic Deglet Nour Dates and uses them to naturally sweeten this tasty nut milk recipe. Make sure to visit her website to see all the benefits of making your own seed and nut milk.
Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Milk Recipe from All The Verdure
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 cup raw pepitas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or flavoring
- 1/4 tsp each: ground nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger
- 5 L filtered water
- 3 pitted dates
- Soak the pecans and pepitas submerged in water for 1-3 hours, then discard the soaking water and rinse them in fresh water
- Add the filtered water, vanilla and spices to the base of the Almond Cow
- Put the pecans, pepitas and dates in the metal canister of the Almond Cow before securely twisting on the top with the blade
- Place the top onto the base before pressing the cow button once to start the "milking" process
- Wait for the light to stop blinking, then press the button again (this particular recipe does better with two complete rounds of "milking")
- Once the second round finished and the light stops blinking, pour your milk out of the base
- Store the pulp from the metal canister separately
Thank you to Helen for letting us share her recipe for Pumpkin Spice Pecan Milk. Visit Helen’s website All The Verdure for more healthy recipes and wellness tips.