Krysten’s Kitchen whipped up this delicious spread and we just love finding new ways to use our Delicious Fruit Bliss Tomato Halves.
A few notes:
- This is olive oil and refined coconut oil based. While you could try another oil, I can’t vouch for it.
- If you want to use unrefined coconut oil, that will work too. I tried that, but it’s very coconutty. Keep that in mind.
- This is oil based and, therefore, after awhile in the fridge it will harden and can be hard to spread. That’s okay! Just let it sit out for 10 minutes at room temperature. If it gets too soft, pop it back in the fridge. Easy-peasy!
- You can omit the garlic if you like or add other herbs with the Organic Turkish Tomato Halves. We love garlic!
- The turmeric is just for color. You don’t need it. I have made it with and without.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Makes: About 1 cup
1 cup refined coconut oil, melted
3 TB extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Sprinkle of turmeric (optional)
1 tsp dried parsley
4-6 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp sea salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine melted coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, and apple cider vinegar. Stir and pop in the fridge for about 15 minutes or until it starts to harden and get firm.
- While it’s in the fridge, chop Fruit Bliss Organic Turkish Tomato Halves into small pieces and finely mince raw garlic.
- Remove mixture from the fridge and stir in minced Organic Turkish Tomato Halves, garlic, parsley, turmeric and sea salt until evenly distributed. If the butter is too hard, allow to sit at room temperature for a few minutes.
- Transfer to a small glass jar with a lid and place back in the fridge for 10-15 minutes until solid.
- Use on baked or roasted potatoes, toast, as a spread or dip, on sandwiches or anything else you’d use a savory butter for!
Click Here for the original post. Thank you to Krysten for letting us share her recipe!