Fig Jam Chia Seed Pudding
Thank you to Casa De Crews for creating this twist on Chia Seed Pudding with our #1 Seller Fruit Bliss Rehydrated Figs. This homemade fig jam layered with chia seed pudding makes for an easy prep-ahead breakfast or filling, healthy snack. Just grab and go!
Chia Seed Pudding
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey, maple syrup or vanilla extract - optional
- 1 cup liquid of choice (water, almond milk, coconut milk, etc)
- 2 5-ounce bags Fruit Bliss Organic Turkish Figs
- 1 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1-2 tablespoons sweetener (maple syrup, honey, etc) - optional
- pinch sea salt
- In a bowl or large mason jar, combine chia seeds, optional sweetener (if using) and liquid. Stir well to combine. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour up to overnight. When ready to enjoy, stir and dig in.
- In a saucepan combine, dried figs, 1 cup apple cider or juice, 1/4 cup water, and juice of 1 lemon. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer on low until liquid has reduced and jam thickens about 15-20 minutes.
- Once thickened, add in 1 tbsp of honey or maple syrup if using. Adjust to taste - you may want to add additional sweetener or may like as-is. Add a pinch of salt and stir to combine. Simmer for 5-10 additional minutes.
- Remove from heat and carefully transfer to a blender. Plus until jam is smooth. Allow jam to cool and continue to thicken before storing in the refrigerator. Will keep for up to 2-weeks.
- In a small jar or cup layer in the following order: 2 tablespoons prepared chia seed pudding, 1 tablespoon fig jam, 2 tablespoons chia seed pudding, 1 tablespoon fig jam.