We were thrilled to come across this amazing recipe from The Jewish Week Food & Wine. We love the high protein grain Quinoa, and pairing it with our super juicy naturally sweet dried fruit makes it even more delicious. Thank you for a wonderful recipe to start off the new year!
Yield: 8 servings
Active Time: 15 min
- 1½ cups uncooked quinoa
- 6 dates, sliced in pieces
- 8 figs, fresh or dried, cut in pieces or halves
- 1 apple, thinly sliced, soaked in lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh parsley, washed and trimmed
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 oz fresh ginger or 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to packaging.
- Mix all ingredients of the salad together.
- Make dressing and pour right before serving.
- Enjoy at room temperature, cold or slightly warm.
Kelly Ohnona is a French foodie who blogs at "My Organic Dairy," where she combines "healthy and epicurism without sacrifice." This recipe has been shared with her permission. Visit her blog for more recipes like this one.