I had the pleasure of meeting Mary and Catherine of @craftedbowls at their Color Palates event last week! An evening of art, music and of course, super healthy and fabulous food!!
Fruit Bliss was invited to demonstrate our simple and truly blissful recipe- Energy Date Bites. They were definitely a crowd pleaser! Check out the recipe below. These simple treats are sure to be a hit at your next party!
Energy Date Bites
- 1 cup raw almonds, walnuts or cashews
- 1 cup Fruit Bliss Deglet Nour dates (pitted, roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Shredded unsweetened coconut OR raw cocoa OR almond meal
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment or a blender, pulse the nuts until they are crumbly.
- Add the dates, flax seed meal, coconut oil and process until a sticky batter is formed.
- Remove the mixture to a large bowl and form 18 balls.
- Roll each ball in the ingredient of your choice-shredded unsweetened coconut, raw cocoa or almond meal to finish.
- Refrigerate or freeze until ready to serve.
Tip: This recipe is very versatile so try different nuts or even adding seeds into the mix!